Content Submission Policy
WKPS-FM Content Submission Guidelines for WKPS-FM Owned or Controlled Platforms (Content Submission Guidelines)
A space for us all. All WKPS-FM platforms are open to people of every age, race, religion, sex, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
We want your perspective. Probe, analyze, inform. Challenge, advocate, debate. Inspire, entertain, enjoy. Your contributions make our programming richer, the conversations more lively and diverse.
Tell us your story, be a part of the conversation. WKPS-FM wants you to participate in sharing the content you create/upload (Your Content) with us on all of our platforms. Your Content includes but is not limited to online comments, video uploads and photo submissions.
We want your engaging photos and videos that capture breaking news and/or compelling stories. In addition, we regularly solicit Your Content on various topics for programs and stories, blogs, contests and many other types of interactive engagement.
WKPS-FM platforms are not anonymous and the use of pseudonyms is prohibited, except in children and youth-oriented communities. Upon registering, you must provide your first and last names, which will appear alongside each of your submissions to our site. WKPS-FM reserves the right to disable any comment if there exists a doubt as to the identity of its author. Stealing another person’s identity with the intent to mislead or cause harm is a serious offense punishable by expulsion from the community.
When you share Your Content with us:
- Keep Your Content relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- If you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words such as “allegedly”).
- Feel free to link internally within the Site (TheLion.fm) as many times as you would like. As for external web addresses, we allow no more than three links per post. WKPS-FM does not endorse the content of external web sites and has no liability as to their content in any event. WKPS-FM reserves its right to take-down any external link.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your Content must be created and owned by you, including any music and artwork. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution). If the majority of Your Content was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it won’t be accepted.
- Any of Your Content that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of Your Content is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Attempts to mobilise people for any purpose outside of a WKPS-FM event
- Respect other people’s privacy by not including personal information in Your Content (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Be sensitive in ‘Your Content’ regarding the death or injury of private individual, especially children.
- Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
If you violate any of these guidelines, Your Content will not be accepted and your account may be suspended or blocked. WKPS-FM reserves the right to not open a forum on any given story or to close a forum at any time without notice and to reject the publication of any of Your Content. WKPS-FM reserves the right to change these Content Submission Guidelines at any time without notice.
Last Updated: August 2017